We all look fresh and attractive in the photographs but actually during trips we usually become dull and look tired after traveling so we need makeup and perfumes to keep us looking good and smelling well. Everyone likes the perfumes of specific and don’t want to switch to any other brand and during international trips they want to keep their favorite perfumes so they usually ask “How to pack perfume in checked luggage?”.
According to the TSA, you can carry perfumes or scents on the plane. You can freely pack them in both your carry-on and checked luggage but you have to follow some rules and regulations of TSA and your airline. In this article, I’ll give you a complete guide about packing perfumes in your luggage.
Can You Bring Perfume on a Plane?
Yes, you are allowed to keep perfumes with you on the plane. You have to pack them in your toiletries bag. In carry-on luggage, you can keep a 1-quartz size bag of your toiletries so make sure that your perfume bottle can easily fit in the bag. Don’t keep your perfume separately in your carry-on because TSA says to pack all the liquid items in one bag. You can pack your perfumes in the backpack, carry-on luggage, and checked luggage as follows.
- How to pack perfume in carry-on luggage?
- How to pack perfumes in checked luggage?
- How to pack perfumes in the backpack?
TSA has different rules for each bag so must follow the rules for a smooth flight. Let’s discuss them in detail.
How to pack perfume in carry-on luggage?
Airlines have strict rules for carry-on luggage rather than checked luggage because you have to keep this luggage along with you all the time on the plane. On the plane perfumes, cologne, and scents are considered as liquid items and usually TSA prohibits packing liquids in the carry-on luggage. TSA says that if you want to pack liquids in your hand-carry then you have to follow the 3-1-1 rule.
According to this rule, your liquid-containing bottles should be less than 3. 4 ounces and you have to pack all of those bottles in one quartz-sized bag. You are just allowed to keep one such bag in your carry-on. If you want to keep your signature perfume with you then try to buy travel-friendly packing of that perfume. Let’s suppose if your perfume’s container is larger than 3.4 ounces then take an empty travel-friendly spraying bottle and fill the required quantity in that spraying bottle. You can get empty bottles easily from the market. They are also available on Amazon. Always use plastic containers during traveling because using glass containers can be risky.
Also Read: How To Pack Shampoo in Checked Luggage
How to pack perfume in checked luggage?
In the summer season, it is very important to pack perfumes with you. Packing perfumes in the checked luggage is much easier than packing in the carry-on luggage. However, you also need to be careful regarding the quantity of your perfumes even in the checked luggage. In checked luggage, you are allowed to keep bottles less than 500 ml. Any bottle having more quantity than 500ml is prohibited from being packed in the checked luggage.
You can pack perfumes in the checked luggage by following these steps.
- Take the bottle according to the allowed quantity of the perfume.
- Make sure that the bottle is strong and leakage-proof and that your perfume will not spill out throughout the flight.
- Tie the cap of the bottle firmly and you can also wrap duct tape around it for safety.
- It’s good to pack perfume in a padded box or you can also wrap the bottle in bubble wrap, soft cloth, or cotton. If you keep the fragrance in its original packing after wrapping it in the bubble wrap it’ll be safer than placing it directly in the plastic bag right after packing.
- Place these bottles in one plastic bag along with your makeup or toiletries.
How to pack perfumes in the backpack?
For short trips, people want to skip checked-in luggage and wants to pack all of their essentials in carry-on and backpack. Almost all the airlines allow to bring one carry-on and one backpack on the plane. You can simply place your carry-on luggage in the overhead bin of the plane and keep your backpack with you. It’s good to place all of your most used items like toiletries in your backpack for easy access.
Rules for packing perfume in the backpack are the same as the rules for keeping it in carry-on luggage. Pack it according to the 3-1-1 rule. Make sure to place perfumes safely in the plastic bag so they can be leak and remain safe throughout the flight.
Tips for packing perfumes in the suitcase:
If you want to keep your favorite perfume with you safely then follow these tips:
- During traveling must use plastic bottles. It’s really unsafe and risky to travel with containers made up of glass. Your bottles should be leakage-proof and safe to use.
- Read the rules of TSA and airline carefully and pack the perfumes accordingly.
- Don’t forget to wrap your bottles. Wrapping gives extra protection to your perfume containers.
- In your toiletries bag If you have many items like shampoo, conditioners, toothpaste, foundation, and perfume then it’s good to label all those bottles separately so that TSA agents can easily check your items and you don’t have to spend a lot of time there.
- Make sure to use a plastic bag having a strong zipper. It’s also good to use a toiletries case or a hard side box. You can also use any organizer it’ll help you both in the packing of items and in the use on the trip.
- During packing your checked luggage keep your toiletries bag in the middle of your luggage. As you know, baggage handlers throw the suitcases during loading and bottles can hit the corners and leak. So, if you cover them with clothes or a towel, they’ll remain safe from being leaked or damaged.
Q1: Can I keep more than one perfume in my carry-on?
Ans: For carry-on, you must have to pack perfume according to the 3:1:1 rule. If all of your perfume bottles are less than 3.4 ounces and easily packed into one quartz-sized plastic bag then you can keep more than one perfume with you. I recommend keeping extra perfumes in your checked luggage it’ll be safer.
Q2: Is it good to pack perfumes in checked luggage rather than carry-on luggage?
Ans: Yes, it’s better to keep your perfumes in checked luggage than a carry-on. In checked luggage, you can keep more than one perfume with you. Perfumes are more safe in checked luggage if you pack them safely. TSA agents usually inquire about the items of carry-on luggage more strictly so if you pack perfumes in the checked luggage it’ll save you time during checking.
Q3: Can I keep shampoo with me?
Ans: Yes, you can keep shampoo, conditioners, deodorant, body spray, and toothpaste with you. All these products are termed as toiletries. TSA categorized the items that are in the form of gel and sprays as liquids. So, you have to pack them according to the TSA 3:1:1 rule for liquid items.
Hopefully, after reading my article you have complete knowledge of “How to pack perfume in checked luggage?” and can pack your perfumes carefully in your backpack, carry-on, and checked luggage. Basically, you have to follow the TSA rules and pack your perfumes properly to enjoy a smooth flight with your signature products.