Samsonite luggage is well-liked by travelers due to its superior quality and advanced features. They fit perfectly for every trip no matter whether you are using them for long or short trips. It’s an obvious thing that during a trip you might have to go through uneven and muddy roads. It’s common for luggage to get dirty.
A piece of dirty and muddy luggage looks very odd and unattractive. You must clean your luggage after every trip and make it tidy for the next trip. In this article, I’ll tell you complete details about “how do you clean Samsonite luggage?” Don’t use bleach or strong detergent. It can affect your luggage. For a deep cleaning, you have to clean the handles, wheels, and zippers of your luggage along with cleaning its exterior and interior.
How do you clean Samsonite Luggage?
Cleaning of Samsonite luggage is very important. If you clean it after each trip, you can clean it easily. Before starting cleaning remove all the items from your luggage and keep them in a large plastic bag so that they can’t be misplaced.
Now take the essential items that you need for its cleaning. Here’s a complete list of items that you need to clean your Samsonite luggage.
- Detergent mixed with water: Take some amount of detergent and mix it in water so that you can soak your luggage in it for some time. Don’t use a strong detergent. It can be harmful to luggage as it can fade its color.
- Brush: You need a brush to remove debris from the corners or zippers of your luggage. Use a brush with soft bristles so that it can’t leave scratches on the suitcase.
- Soft cloth: If you don’t want to use a brush for cleaning, you can simply use a soft cloth. Soak it properly in water and then rub it on your luggage to clean it properly.
After having all the items, you can now start washing your luggage. First, wash the inside of your luggage and then wash its exterior. By doing step-by-step cleaning you’ll get awesome results.
Luggage interior cleaning
Don’t put your luggage in the washing machine however you can clean the inside of your suitcase by following these steps.
- Remove all items completely and make your luggage empty.
- Most of the luggage has removable pockets in it. Make them empty and separate them from the suitcase.
- Now take a small brush and clean all the debris from the corners of your suitcase. Make sure to remove debris, crumbs, and dust completely. You can also vacuum it. In fact, if you use a vacuum cleaner, your suitcase will clean more perfectly.
- Also, wash the pockets that you remove from the suitcase. You can simply clean them by soaking them in detergent mixed with water. After cleaning them properly leave them to dry.
- If you notice any stain inside your luggage, you have to treat it separately. Take a small amount of baking soda, vinegar, or toothpaste and directly apply it to the stain. Rub it gently for a few minutes and rinse it with warm water. Hopefully, the stain will be removed. If not, then repeat the process 2,3 times and remove all the stains from your luggage properly.
- Take a look at the inside of your luggage if it is cleaned properly then attach the removed pockets. Leave your luggage in the open air for some time to dry completely. Don’t keep it in the sunlight as its color can fade in the sunlight.
If you also want to wash the outside of your luggage then don’t dry it. Wash its exterior then leave it for drying.
Luggage exterior cleaning
You can clean the outside of the luggage in the following way:
- Take a soft cloth and remove dirt from the luggage exterior. If your luggage has outside compartments, also clean them.
- If there’s any stain on its surface, remove it.
- Soak it in warm water with detergent for 10-15 minutes. Wash it in clear water. Now you get clean and fresh luggage. Let it dry and store it carefully until the next trip.
How To Prevent Musty Odor?
After cleaning our luggage, we may store it in a damp and dark place, which tends to produce an old musty odor that is really very unpleasant and stinky. No worries, you can remain safe from that smell by following these rules.
- You can simply place your luggage in the open air. Open your luggage and keep it in a dry place. It’s good to place it in sunlight so that all bacteria and germs can be killed. After some hours you’ll get odor-free luggage.
- You can also get rid of this odor by putting activated charcoal in your suitcase and closing its zipper. By using this method, you have to wait for 1-2 days but it definitely works.
- You can also prepare a solution of vinegar and water. Fill this solution into a spray bottle and spray it on your luggage. If you don’t want to make a DIY spray, you can also buy a deodorizing spray. After spraying leave your luggage in the open air. In this way, your luggage can be odor-free.
- You can also fill your bag with newspaper and leave it for 4-5 days to take out this smell. Tea bags can also be used for this purpose.
If after using the mentioned tips, your luggage still takes out the musty smell, it’s good to wash it properly and let it dry in the open air.
How to Remove Scratches from Luggage
It’s reallyto take care of your luggage throughout your trip damaged. In case your luggage gets some scratches, firstly wash your luggage properly according to the above-mentioned methods. By washing it you can get a thorough idea about scratches and other damage.
It’s good to use a furniture polish based on wax to remove scratches. Try tocompletely with this wax polish. The wax in the polish fills in the scratches and also leaves a shine on your suitcase’s surface. Each time you return from a trip, you should thoroughly examine your luggage. Always store your luggage in a dry place. Don’t keep your luggage Whenever you observe any scratch or hole in your luggage, treat it damage.
Is it necessary to keep a Luggage clean?
Yes, it’s veryto keep luggage clean and tidy. Here are the reasons for keeping luggage clean.
- The luggage is fully packed with a layer of dust on It really looks very unpleasant. Clean your luggage regularly to make it look fresh and new.
- It is an obvious thing that if you take care of any of your objects, they last for many years. In the same way, if you want to keep your favorite traveling companion with you on many upcoming trips, keep it clean. Let’s suppose the wheels of your luggage get jammed, they become difficult to move smoothly and ultimately break. On the other hand, if you keep cleaning the wheels they’ll keep working.
- Regular cleaning of luggage is also very important for your health. If you touch the handle of your luggage full of germs, it can directly cause health problems. So cleaning your luggage is equally important for your luggage as well as for your health.
Also Read: How To Clean Polycarbonate Luggage
Q1: How can I remove oil and grease stains from my suitcase?
Ans: Usually dirt and dust are easier to clean out from the suitcase rather than specific stains. Oil and grease stains are also a little bit difficult to remove but no worries I’ll give you an instant solution to this problem.
Take half a spoon of baking soda and cover the stain with it. Baking soda usually absorbs the oil. After 10-15 minutes rub the stain with a soft cloth or brush. Hopefully stain will removed with this method but if it is left then use Viniger mixed water and apply it. Apply it repeatedly until the stain disappears.
Q2: How to clean the
For its cleaning, you have to drag the handle and it clothes. If you notice any debris or small use a twizzer. If you are not cleaning your entire you can just its handle because the handle contains more germs than any other part of the luggage.
Q3: How can I store my Samsonite luggage after washing it?
Ans: After cleaning your Samsonite luggage the next step is to store it. Keep yourMake sure to cover it properly so that it dirty with dirt and dust again. Keep your luggage on top of other objects. If your luggage is soft-sided, it’s good to fill it with some stuff so that it can’t be deformed and remains in shape.